100% edible. Seriously.
I was going to sell premade gelatin glitter. It was a fabulous idea! I love making it, and sooooo sparkly!
Alas, I cannot.
So, instead, I’m sharing my edible gelatin glitter method with you 🙂 *this is where you gasp and wonder if I’ve gone round the bend. perhaps…*
This video will walk you easily through my method and have you churning out gelatin glitter in no time! And just a note: I am not responsible for you glittering every cake, surface, child and spouse within arms reach. Just puttin’ that out there.
The things you’ll need…
- 1 weighed ounce – about 11 sheets of gelatin (I prefer silver grade Gelita)
- OR Kosher and Halal fish gelatin (linked in the Amazon box just below)
- 2 quart container of cold water
- 16 oz silicone bowl (or other heat proof, microwaveable vessel)
- Gel paste food colors of your preferred color
- Bright white food color (aka Titanium Dioxide)
- Pearl Sheen airbrush food color
- Silicone spatula
- Bowl scraper
- Flat acrylic sheet (I use Optix brand found at home improvement stores)
- Small fan (optional)
- Spice grinder or coffee grinder
- Medium sized bowl
Comments? Brilliant ideas? Leave ’em below and I’ll get back to you!